Hola.
This is prolly the longest sabbatical that i've taken. I can't help it i guess. It's the first month of the year and things needs to run in order. But so far so good. Everything is going at clockwork pace and finally, i am able to breathe easy.
This week was somewhat gruelling. I had attended a TWO-day workshop on life in general. Suffice to say, it was a breakthrough for some participants. It entails exorcising one's demon, clearing out our closets, hanging our dirty laundry, obliterating emotional baggages, engaging in confessional sessions and regaining faith in oneself.
In retrospect, i would deduce it to be a soul-searching session - where removing boundries, reaching for the sky and becoming a fighter in the face of adverseries and challenges. The one lesson that i have taken from the experience is indefinitely the part of learning from falling. I am unable to share whatever that has transpired in the seminar room because it is unethical to exploit people and their weaknessess.
But one thing i can say is it has been a rude awakening. Everyone has undergone a certain stage of trauma perhaps at least once in their lives and i salute these brave souls for coming forth and acknowledging their harrowing past and resoluting to resolve malignant issues - in tears, humility and pride being compromised.
I am the eternal optimist. Well most of the time. If you had read my blog, you would know how in weakness i found strength, my unwavering belief in how things happen for a reason, why i fervently believe in every experience is an education and a slew of motivational phrases to see me through my life. I wish for the light to shine in your hearts, guys. I feel blessed to be acquainted with every single one of you.
Well, for the uninformed, i am in the midst of undergoing several rounds of interviews with a certain airline, to be a cabin crew. I have braved and escape unscathed the last THREE rounds already and the day of reckoning is looming. The workshop, which we were put through was reportedly to be the FOURTH interview where assessment would be made to filter the potential ones from the ill-calibred.
For the first time in my life i am besieged by agnostic feeling. I am earnest in scoring the job as this is prolly the one job that i have heavily-invested in. As in undergoing the several rounds of interviews, the incredulous amount of time and money involved, the preparations and consistent personal grooming and also the need to exercise intelligence and impress our potential employer at our best ability.
I believe i have dispayed my tenacity, competency, consistency and confidence throughout. But on the other hand, this is one industry where everyone tends to be cuthroat and would go to extremes in snagging the job. But should i get the boot for the final cut, i won't be dejected. I mean out of how many hundreds and maybe thousands that came for the interview, i am part of the elite few that remains.
We are in the dark of the results and from the grapevine, all of us are the chosen ones. We need no bad fiction. We want cold hard facts. So drop the bomb on us. We want to touch the sky. Plus, it would be awesome to have my profession read - Flight Attendant. :)))
Can't disclose much for now. Comeback for seconds soon.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment