I am adamant to eke a proper living by snagging a good job in the near future. I think life would turn around for the better if i have that career that i've always dreamed of. Honest to goodness, i am not entirely ambitious. I don't have the slightest clue what i want to be. Perhaps a poll will leverage this?
1) I have toyed with the idea of being a teacher. Because i know i have the deftness to instil knowledge in others. In other sense, i am able to make people stand up and listen to what i have to say. Being vocal helps too. If you can articulate your words, infiltrate the minds of others and evoke a response.
2) At times, i contemplate on pursuing my dreams of being an artiste. I love singing. I would like to think i am talented but looking at things turning out at the auditions of some of the talent competitions i partake in, i am still hanging on luck that i will make it among a pool of other wannabes someday. After all, the entertainment industry is meticulous and shrewd. Because not just anybody can have the opportunity to be famous.
3) I have this hope of being an arts artist as well. I draw on a regular basis. I can sketch anything from Marvel, Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Disney to some random cartoon characters in under TWO minutes. Highly-skilled i tell you. And this i am not bragging. Just to let you in a bit more, i have conjured my very own comic, WONDER WARRIORS. It's a fighting-based comic with a whopping over 150 characters. Hope to get it to print and i reckon it'll be awesome to be able to publish it worldwide.
4) I harbour a small interest in fashion designing as well. But i don't think there is a thriving business for male designers. You will have to be either gay and flamboyant or get stereotyped as one. I don't like the territory that comes with term. However i think it will be fabolous to design your own clothes, have others wearing it and make an insane annual revenue out of it. I think streetwear is the one area i will delve into. Very street, man!
5) I have a good sense of rhythm. I can be fluid in body movements. I have this penchant for solid hip-hop club-banging tracks that makes me want to gyrate automatically. Haha. I am talking about dance choreography. I am a good street dancer. Sometimes i feel i am a black man when i dance. I have always dreamed about being a dance choreographer and execute killer moves for the audience to see. Nowadays, i dance on a freelance basis. I know being a dancer is not a viable career option in Singapore. Unless i go about establishing my own dance academy which will prolly not take off because of the small market. But i do hope it'll materialize one fine day because i am passionate about music, dance and performance.
6) I like to be a lifeguard for the very reason of skin whoring. But i bemoan on the fact that my swimming sucks. Hey, at least i get to walk around topless and half nude. I want to acquire that bronzed and tanned bod. Like some Japanese surfer. AWESOME! And i get to waddle in the aromatic, chlorine-fragranced pool. Enuff said.
7) I totally dig the idea of owning my own modelling agency. I have an eye for gorgeous people and i can easily spot a diamond in the rough. I sometimes wonder why some people are truly blessed aesthetically but never got around getting discovered and get the recognition they deserved. Beautiful people are aplenty everywhere i turn to. The mall, gym, swimming pool, town, the neighbourhood, schools and even friends. But sadly, it is not channelled properly. With hopes of setting up the agency, i can groom the 'undiscovered' that i had talent-spotted. Move over, Fly Entertainment.
8) I WANT to join Survivor badly. This is something i would love to do and i would leave everything behind in a heartbeat to get marooned in some remote island, bitching and battling it out with others. Survivor truly mirrors life. The mental and physical tests will bear testament to how far one has come in life. Yeah, FULL CIRCLE is the choice word. Read my previous posts on why i am enthusiastic. Repetition material is no good. Tsk.
9) The most un-surprising aspiration here is my hopes to become a flight steward. The selection process is tough and the most genuinely fake and people who are plastic almost always makes the cut. What Singapore Girl with the fresh, personable and friendly disposition are you talking about? I have friends who are their own selfish and bratty true faint colours once they are back from the reality of earth's ground but transforms into somebody graceful and classy when they are transported amidst the fantasy, la-la cotton clouds of the skies. I may be sharp, decisive and vocal about things but when i am tasked to get a job done, it'll be made professionally. I am prejudiced because i could have been the potential up there. But i cannot pursue this one dream of mine because i cannot be forced to keep smiling when i don't want to and i don't wish to be a waiter, serving after rude, ill-mannered elite businessy passengers right down to the uncouth, uncivilised yet demanding low-class passengers. I would jump down the plane with the emergency parachute if i have to face such bigots. Period.
10) To be able to serve in any of the government agencies. This would make better sense. I figure being a government officer will offer greater job satisfaction. Because the system, structures and hierachy is fixed. There could be room for advancement and the prospect is highly coveted. It is a stable sector. I am not sounding contradictory as i have left the SPF last year, but being a civil servant offers a truly rewarding career. My goal now is to find my niche in any government's job and i will not stop short of my resolution to snag one.
My parting two-cents worth is 'why do we always end up in jobs that we don't desire to be in?'
What we want is always what we don't need. Think.
-I LOVE my other half, H. I love my family and friends. I love my country. Peace.-


No comments:
Post a Comment