The first week of May has been a bumpy ride. Things happened. I will let you savour only the good things. Because i don't wish to brood on desolated issues. Here is the lowdown. Proceed.
I had received a call yesterday. From a CAAS officer. She invited me for an interview for the position of Airport Emergency Officer. To clue you in, the post is similar to a SCDF firefighter's job. Mission and rescue work in the event should there be calamities in the airport eg, plane crash, accidents. I did not really expect a reply and i knew my application will have to contend with the many other applicants who had served in SCDF for their National Service. To get shorlisted among how many hundreds in this economic downturn is truly a remarkable feat.
Things happen for a reason. And opportunity has knocked on my door. Perhaps this is the calling? Who knows. And yes, i find rescue work exhilirating. The trainings are similar to SCDF, it is a government's job and i get to keep fit. What more can i ask for? I hope the interview on tuesday will be a day of reckoning and it'll be an awesome present for me should i get selected. My life's route to things haven't been mainstream. I serve my National Service in the army, i've worked with the police force for four years, and now an SCDF kinda job lands on my lap. I think i am destined to work with the Uniformed Organisations. It's written on my fate. Not expecting much and we will see how i fare on tuesday.
I am making a gradual transition in Temasek Polytechnic. I have not exactly exchanged contacts with my classmates and i barely spoke more than a sentence to them. I guess the first few weeks of school will definitely offer that kind of awkwardness. It is a normal process. I hope i can strike conversations and relate well with them soon. Lectures are not too rosy and it will get crazier as the week comes. Anyway, i have not left MDIS on the shelf. I am a module and a Graduation Project away from graduation. It won't get heavygoing i can assure you. I am coping well. I am hanging by faith, leaning on hope and living on prayers.
Naysayers are saying i am insane taking up two diplomas but really, this is understanding your needs and wants. I NEED a tertiary education as the qualifications are recognized. The police studies is for my career. I WANT a diploma from MDIS because it is the school to go to for a reputable Mass Comm Diploma. Think SIA which is affiliated with its Mass Comm programme. It is solely for the reason of my affinity with Journalism, which i think is my forte. I can branch into fields of marketing, public relations, advertising and whatnot should i pursue the media industry. Catch my ball?
My Temasek Polytechnic's Matriculation Card
I woke up flabbergasted. The bastard has finally been apprehended. This was extraordinarily unexpected. I am talking about the elusive fugitive, MSK, of course. Wait. The mind boggling issue here is how on earth did he find his way to Malaysia? We are not talking about a recalcitrant convicted murderer crossing the Mexican Borders in the States, without getting caught. That we can understand on the lax of the security control there. The head-scratcher here is how did he get out of Singapore? Swimming across the seas to Johore with a limp limb? What the bloody hell is our Coastal Guards and Immigration personnels doing? Exchanging the latest Leona Lewis hit ringtones via bluetooth over the checkpoint's booth? Suntanning at the outskirts of Singapore shores? Fishing for Shamu in their patrol boats?
I have trawled a few newsworthy sites and people handed down positive comments like 'good job, Singapore. The persistence has paid off'. Before you go out and make a dinner reservation at Crystal Jade's restaurant to celebrate his sophomore captivity, let me register this in your stupid dysfunctional brains. Admit it. Our security forces, the police and members of the public has long ended the lookout. The first few months of the search party was so intense that even the military was delegated to erect tentages and guard entrances and exits of solitary places, namely the cemetaries. The Gurkhas and the Special Operation Command officers too was tasked to enter the most-densed forestations here. Then the novelty died. People go back to their daily lives and Singapore turn its attention to the F1, the IRs, the Singapore Idol audition...
Come on, it took the Malaysians to step up their game and nab the fcuker. Why are we patting ourselves for a job well done? Why are we taking the credit when it's clearly the nonchalance and complacency of our 'Government officers'? Well, i hope whoever(the Government, Crime Library, businessmen, rich kaypoh individuals who tries to be a superhero and generously donates money to anyone who finds him) promises a bounty of millions of dollars for MSK's head better start remitting money to the Malaysian people. The ride has ended. This is no fun. What next? It'll take the eskimos to locate Osama Bin Laden? For now, playing Where's Wally? sounds more fun to me. Gee...
The Vanson Jacket
Oh, this caught my eye when i caught X-Men Origins - Wolverine. The super-dope leather jacket that Hugh Jackman wore in the movie. I LIKE!
And not departing without words for my H... I LOVE YOU. I hope you are able to forgive the simplest and complexity of mistakes and with you, i understand the words - Tolerance, Patience, Trust, Devotion & Respect. You have shaped my perspective on relationships and love. Thank You for loving me unconditionally. I hope we will be more motivated to flourish and nurture the love within. I am unafraid to face the fight because i am going on a battle with you. I need your strength to do this. Please.
1 comment:
This Leather jacket is available on www.hollywoodleatherjackets.com
Post a Comment