Unbelievable. The specialized SPF unit that i had worked in for the last FOUR years will officially defunct today. The integral task of guarding the airport from threats of hijacks, terrorism and sabotage will be taken over by a private security company, Certis Cisco. Former colleagues were offered multiple opportunities to step forward in their career.
Snippets of information heard from the grapevine, some grabbed the offer to transfer to Immigration Checkpoints Authority of Singapore(ICA). A handful remained in the airport division, being delegated new roles. And then you have the older staff who has made the resolution to retire comfortably with at least $40,000 as a mark of loyalty to service and being extended the golden handshake.
For the record, i am not bitter. It is always good to leave at the peak of one's career. I have done exactly that. I resigned on a good note. Casting indelible impression on supervisors, colleagues, personnels within the division, our commander and the staff from various agencies that i've worked hand in hand with within the airport, i feel i have already contributed the best that i can give. I have immense gratitude for the consistent A gradings for my yearly performance assessment, the multiple awards in recognition of my hard work and the strong affinity fostered among the superiors and colleagues. Bless this.
I am in good hands of the future. My life is on the right track. My studies are doing well. I am in a wonderful relationship. Plus, i am in perfect health. I am thankful that pieces of life's puzzle falls on the correct fit.
The TWO things that would be the icing on the cake are my desire to participate in Singapore Idol 2009 and to snag a good career that pays well. It would be nice to stand up on my own two feet and clear my disorderly finances. I kinda miss going shopping for expensive clothes. A short getaway trip to neighbouring countries would be amazing. It'll come around. If i can get around the notion of shelving jobs that don't correlate with my qualifications.
Superficial thoughts i know but i want a job that mirrors my academic certificates. They say this is no time to be choosy in the downturn but i say i have no interest to job-hop, man. I want that one sole job where i can sustain for as long as my services are required and for as long as i feel the time is right to move on to the next level.
We'll talk more on the idol part soon, yeah.
PS: Buddy Shawal, thanks for the movie treat. I hope i've been of a decent company thus far and glad to be a confidante on your relationship woes. Because i need your ears to share my fair share of love problems too. Good job on being a great friend. ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guilty as charged. I messed up.
I am struggling to sustain this relationship. I can't get used to arguements that transpired time and again. Beneath my aloofness exterior exposes my vulnerability and ambiguity in facing obstacles in a love. But i am making restitutions in the form of gripping a little harder on the harness, putting in substantial amount of effort, rendering commitment at my best, picking myself up after the hard knocks, showering surmountable love and making good of promises.
I must thank you for pulling me back when i teetered on the edge. I cannot do this myself. I need you to keep this going. I apologise for being the repeat offender in igniting ambivalency. In repetitive basis. These truly trying times is a testament of our formidability in love. I really cannot imagine going seperate ways because the dream settings that we are in is euphoria and beauteous. Make it work for us. I don't want thoughts of 'leaving you' to haunt me. Please.
I Love You.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment