Monday, June 8, 2009

Ends Of The World

My heart has shattered into a million pieces. God knows how bad the injuries are, for what love has done to me. My partner had uttered the dreaded words - 'a breakup is the only solution'. And so we lead seperate lives from there on. I teared incessantly at the carpark at dawn today. I wished i had somebody to turn and run to that very moment. But i don't anymore. My other half, whom i thought had found forever with me, will always be there to catch me. But it was all a fairytale after all. A dream so good but you had to leave it all behind when you wake up. Gone.

I admit i have made some grievious mistakes and had toyed with the idea of breaking up to you umpteen times, because back then i couldn't grasp the lifestyle i am leading. I didn't know how to handle this kind of relationship back then too. I had taken a while to accept our relationship and i had gone great distances to make this happen. Now, just when i thought i had it all working for me, just when i thought i found my niche and just when i thought i know how to live with it, you don't want to hold on to the other end of the rope anymore.

I cannot stop my tears from falling everytime i think of you and the moments we've shared. I wanted to salvage this and believed that we can resolve this together ; but that would mean i would go against your wishes. Because this is not what you wanted anymore. I always believe if you love someone you will try to preserve their happiness and respect their decisions, even if it means if they asked for a breakup. It will take months, immense effort and great deal of strength to get by without you in my life, but i will try, H. I am unsure what the next step of my life will be but i will wait for signs from God.

I don't know where my broken heart and i will go from here on. I have nothing to live for. I have no one to invest and share my love with. My better days are taken and my happiness were abruptly snatched. It's a vicious cycle.

I just want you to know i love you very much. I care for you and i will always keep you emblazoned in my heart. There will always be a room for you in my heart. Thank you for the wonderful memories and keeping me company during this stage of my life. You have made history and written beautiful stories in the pages of my life. I hope you will be happy and focus on your pursuits. I want you to find yourself someone who will be of a better man than i was to you. I hope he will accept every imperfections and have no inhibitions whatsoever.

I thank you for letting me be a part of your life. I just hope i have been the great boyfriend that you've ever come across and remember me as the one who will sacrifice the world for you.
Much as i want to beg you to take me back and give this another chance for our happiness, ultimately this is your decision. And so this marks the end of our journey. I will remember it all. I don't think i will obliterate you in my life, like i claimed. Because i want to look back on this later in my life and tell people this splendid chapter which both of us had written.

I miss you terribly but there is nothing i can do on my end. I won't be there to remind you to eat, to keep you company through your lonelier times and i won't have you lying in my arms anymore. Take care, dear.

I LOVE YOU.

No comments: