I am back to civilian life. It has been an arduous and lengthy stay in camp for my reservist. I am literally languishing. I suffered a bout of rashes, oily skin, an uneven tan, colossal mosquito bites that does not seem to recede and it also took some heavy beating on my restitution.
But that's not the end of it folks. How can i forget the sleep deprivation, the incessant toiling and handling of heavy and bulky army equipments, the scorching sun, the uncomfortable perspire soaked socks, the overnight stay at the oufields of Lim Chu Kang and the rigid bunk's mattresses? However, i am not burdened. Neither am i anal about these nitty-gritty issues. It's part and parcel of military life. I wasn't signed up to retreat to a resort in the first place. My single grouse would be my technology detachment - the holy trinity of the internet, camera phone and television. Plus i need back my freedom thank you.
I enjoyed the TWO weeks nontheless. It keeps me updated and polished on military policies and standpoints. Familiarizing myself on the advancement of military equipments and technology, weaving memories all over again with fellow soldiers and most importantly, getting the job done with pleasing results. I may whine a great deal over the tormenting orders but my principle is - either i do a very good job or i don't do one at all.
Towards the end of my reservist, which was yesterday, i had received a glorious pre-birthday pressie. I was promoted to Corporal. This a great deal to me. It means my efforts and contributions are recognized and appreciated. Everyone knows it takes some wonderful appraisals to elevate a soldier's rank. And only the best few will actually be conferred with such rewards. I mean, the general population of NSMen will step down with the rank they are holding from their active days. I have some big shoes to fill and your best bet is i will fill it nicely. Now time to reach for one notch higher - a sergeant rank. :)
The other piece of good news is my good classmate Raidah, congratulated me for being the top student in the class for a certain semestral test paper. It felt good. It has always been my mission to ace any given test papers and i am glad my brain function is operationally ready and productive. I hope i can lend a helping hand to the few who requires my help in their languge skills because after all, most of my classmates have assisted me in one way or the other for my mathematics paper and assignments.
Well, from now until the dreaded month of october - the examinations, i will be engaged with revisions and studying. Because i want to graduate and i want to be at the finishing race and say, whatever dreams i have, i can reach for it. I have a job to do and things are looking up so far. I still can see through the rain.
Now, countdown to my birthday with me people.... :)
''The promise of a perennial happiness that you are able to shower me will be the ultimate birthday present.''
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment