My energy has ebbed away, forging its way into the blindness of the onyx night. If I had to be coerced into writing short stories of my erratic soul, my words will not reek kindness. I will be festered into launching a tempestous tirade and inflict an indelible wound on your heart.
This best sums up what i am feeling at the moment. I am done writing love theories and stories. Love has been nothing but a gargantuan and neurotic mechanics for me to understand. It is best to walk away from the mania of love if one can't handle the baggage that comes with it.
Well, life begins from now. I feel emancipated. For most of the part, i have been intent in my studies and wading through examinations. I am taking a hiatus from school - the new term begins sometime in April 2010. While the heavy load has been lifted off my shoulders, i am fearful that i cannot scrape through. One of the paper that i took sent me plummeting to a concaved abyss.
The primary consolation is i have done my utmost best, and what is done cannot be undone. I fervently believe in the karmic phrase of 'Things happen for a reason' anyway. Whether i pass or fail no longer falls along the perimeter of my jurisdiction. I can only pray for the planets alignment to be in favour of me. God will help the weak.
I am going to look for jobs from this week on. But at the same time, i am going to seriously unwind and take a much-needed breather. Failed relationships, gruelling examinations and personal finances can be disconcerting. I have been extravagant recently, and despite getting for myself things that i prolly don't need, money can only do so much to buy me happiness. Sure, i have a dream list of things that i have fulfilled, but at the end of the day, i realised these things offer a fleeting gratification. Since i now know i am averse to material things, then my idea of happiness has to comprise of the company of family, friends and loved ones.
The littlest things of having my partner or loved ones in the car and singing in unison our favourite songs, driving to the beach and famous supper joints, taking photographs for keepsakes, having laughters in wild abandon are some of the things i enjoy. I am a simple fellow - one who does not ask the sky from anyone. I just expect an incorporation of graciousness, civility, respect, loyalty, understanding and trust. If that is so hard to do, i urge you to walk out of my life.
Anyways, on a lighter side, the new season of First Class is truly a class act. I have always enjoyed sitcoms or dramas that centered on school environment. The show left me in stitches and i especially find the line uttered by an effeminate indian cast 'That's so racist!' funny. How exhilirating to have teachers with a motley crew of odd personalities (Julian Low is one cute dude!).
And the glory of 'Growing Up' has returned on daytime TV. This is one of the best shows Mediacorp has ever produced. I love it when such shows emote such nostalgic memories and watching Growing Up feels almost magical. Like we grew up with the Tay family you know?
Have a good wednesday. Because i will. :)))
Look out for future posts - My singing videos, The Malay Hunks Edition, My Top 12 Besties, Favourite Things Part 2, Resentment Theory Part 3 and a whole lotta fresh feeds... :)
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment