Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Art Imitates Life

Oh my. The presentation yesterday falls short of impressive. The theory elaboration was abruptly interrupted and i was hurried to proceed to my demo. I sang. But i did get to show some range. Nobody expected a song by Whitney Houston. I'm just loving the song! Baaa... Overall, i am not overtly contented because it was more of a touch and go process. All the lecturer wanted to extract was the essence on how you interact with the audience and a couple of visuals sufficed.

There were a plethora of talents on display yesterday (Read: Singing, Songwriting, Theatre Arts) and i bet to myself i have not exactly seen the worst of them all. The remaining 'finalists' will go on stage next week. I can only think of Titanic. A sinker, larrr. Now, the preparation for the sophomore presentation, for HMC class. The materials are still in the works and i want to complement for the lacklustre presentation yesterday. I hope for a smooth run. Like a lubricated entry while on anal intercourse. Oou, carnal talk. Haaaaaaaa.....

I don't quite understand this. I've caught a few episodes of Entertainment Tonight. And the follow-ups and intense coverage seems to be devoted to America's First Lady - Michelle Obama. Mind you. The news coverage is not on how she exercise her position as America's leading lady, but the pivotal focus is on by which designer she parades her gowns from, at the events she goes to daily. Dresses of hefty price tags, from renowned fashion designers. The worldwide economic downturn reverberates in all senses. And the high-flyers and lowly-paid are affected. It just exudes insensitivities, don't you agree?

Interesting. TWO Singaporeans were shortlisted for the World's Best Job In The World, as a caretaker on Hamilton Island, Australia. The paycheck is insane. All for a day job, entailing frolicking in the sun, sea and sand and reporting the adventures via blogs, photos and video diaries. How amazing is that? Speaking of being marooned on an island, my ultimate wish is to be on Survivor. I want to be able to withstand the deprivation of material things in life, go on a self-discovery process, getting embroiled in hypocrisy, manipulation and backstabbing, learn people's characters, ouwit the 'snakes', outplay the smart alecs and outlast the strongest competitors. I would drop everything in a second just to be a contestant. SERIOUS. Mark Burnett, call me for the next season - Survivor: Tekong. Survivor: Pulau Ubin or whatever.

And oh, America's Next Top Model Cycle 12 has premiered on American TV, every tuesday evenings. You may catch it via YouTube, when it is uploaded. Since the west and the east are a day apart, catch the show on thursdays evening (local time) online. I feel so gay watching ANTM. Such guilty pleasures. Till the next post. Later.

No comments: