Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Mental Note

It's official. I am in a downcast. I cannot point a finger to exactly what contributes to this. But i know it'll take a whole lot of an effort for the wave to simmer down. I hate it when mood swings overrun me. I can get slighted at the most trivial things. Blame the erratic weather. Blame it on the truckload of schoolwork. Blame it on my financial indisposition. Blame me for being inept in time management. Blame the economic downturn. Blame the jinxed year of the ox.

The best remedy is for me to take one day at a time. I have been pretty much aggressive and impassionate in pursuing my dreams, that i have failed to wake up and smell the coffee. I have neglected the beauty and fancy of life. I have ignored the very existence of the people around me. I have forgotten the taste of love. I have cast aside the significance of those little things that i find of worthless attention. I have shrugged off advice from people who meant well in rendering comfort for me. For once i concede, I AM DEFEATED.

I have a mountainous ego to shave off. I have to stop being ignorant. I have to go out and appreciate the last few drops of morning dew on the ferns and smell the perfumed petals while at it. I need to donate even the faintest of smiles at the NTUC supermarket cashier auntie. I want to drive out by myself in the wake of the night and get lost on unfamiliar roads. Just so i can sort my thoughts doing so. I want to run the extra miles and end the run all breathless and soaked in perspiration. I have to at least turn around and look at the people who i normally don't pay attention to with that extra second so i can understand them beyond their outlook.

I have to make the switch. Switch the lights so the room can be lit for me to see clearly. Switch the bulbs so i can start to get the mind working productively. Switch from a sleep mode to an active mode. Switch the power outlet so the blender can get spinning again. Switch to my alter ego and take over the baton and see life in a different perspective.

For starters, here is a video - SWITCH. Along with the stunning ladies of Victoria's Secret, to pave the way for it all. Burn my fire, girls.


No comments: