Hello mister man. Can i rest on my laurels now?
I've been chasing dreams. And now, i am tired. I have reached my breaking point. I realized i am not an immortal. The running that i've been doing while chasing after my goals and aspirations has rendered me breathless. Do i persist and bolt towards the finishing point because time is a factor or should i take a slow jog and learn to appreciate the surroundings knowing i will get to the end line eventually?
I want to venture for a new career. Sure, there are myriad of jobs available, which is an unspoken truth and a testament of the job market burgeoning despite the economic downturn. Somehow i cannot adhere to the notable advice of 'don't be fussy or you will get none at all.' I want a career. Not a job. I hate the idea of working part-time. I cannot see the essence of it. It just signals for me to pack up my act in due time and going through the cyclical process of interviews and the works.
I cannot comprehend why some people can switch jobs time and again. I want to snag a career and last preferbably for as long as i can contribute to the organization. I want to be able to conserve my CVs in the drawer and keep it under lock and key. It's really cumbersome sorting your qualification papers, updating resumes, lugging your certificates to interviews, memorizing rebuttals for interview sessions, anticipating selection calls...
Final presentation for the semester later in the day. It's amazing that we are armed with substantial materials and it should suffice for an A. I have been anointed the best speaker to precede the presentation and i trust my group members to be equally effective speakers.
My buddy Eric told me he has decided to forgo a module that bodes well with his schedule, and jumped on the bandwagon with me for my last module. A module that does not sit well with him because of the lecture days. Really. That's extremely a nice gesture. Thoughtful at that. He claimed 'because of you!'. I still cannot buy that statement. Because we have a love-hate relationship. He will compliment and curse me under the same breath. Okay i hear you...i'll buy you something more than dinner...you're my Bestie bestie bestie besite....
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment