Wednesday, December 10, 2008

From Nothin' To Somethin'

Can you believe this?I had gone for a haircut at my usual hairdressers' and i was appalled when a chinese lady from china had taken over the hairdressing duties from the local auntie who has been pimping my hair. I had to play charade with her to get my hair fix and she spoke in mandarin throughout the infuriating haircut. WTF. She could not understand my instructions and get this, I had to converse in basic mandarin instead. What is the government thinking?

Allowing foreign workers here is absolutely consented but when you put them frontline in service sector in particular, and when they are hopless in basic english, it's beyond ludacris. Just last month, i had hopped to Giant supermarket to grab stuffs and when i enquired about a certain product, the audacity of the young china salesgirls to proclaim in my face, 'you speak mandarin?'. It's so unbecoming. Blurb.

No comments: