Saturday, December 27, 2008

An Indelible Memory

If one can obliterate memories and never recall again, what would he wish to negate? Mistakes that he wish he'd never done? I am crestfallen. The presentation that i had a while ago in class received lukewarm response from the lecturer, albeit the good comments pertinent to illuminating the presentation with lively speakers. I can't recalled the other good stuff he remarked because the negative ones are heavily saturating my mind.

I truly believed in my assignment and there is nothing i would change about it, if i had done it differently. Perhaps give more reasoning on why American Media is dominant and integral in our Asian society? That could be it that could ascent the score to be slightly higher than the given. Or could it be because we could do with more speakers to validate the presentation? I cannot comprehend in a coherent manner. What ifs, buts and i could've are spinning in my head.

Admittedly i am subdued and not as vocal as i would have been. I don't know what's holding me back. I could have been the most fluid speaker but i can't shake the inhibitions and run the show like a ringleader. The saving grace would be that the others teams are self-destructing with irrelevant topics, lengthy statistics, facts and figures in slides, half-hearted attitude, malfunctioned files and uninspiring presentations. If Eric hadn't brought his cheery and sunshiny presentation style forth, it would have been much dire because i am an earnest speaker who rather arrest attention with a good speech than being an anecdotist.

Oh heck, we still attained above just passed mark. This coming from the harshest of critics. I really am understanding the phrase, 'the higher you climb, the harder the fall'. Blame it on an overload of confidence. But for me, every experience is education. So i can't discount that. I hope my team does not lose faith in me because the leader would be answerable for his team's performance. Share a piece of my humble pie, anyone? It's my birthday. haa...

No comments: