It's the weekend. And the only reasonable thing i did was the night jog. Apart from that, it's the second time in a span of TWO days that i indulged in fast food. I need to shed the calories with sheer immediacy because i don't wish to pile back what i have burned off. I am narcissistic. I have to look good in order to feel good. I gotta lay out plans that entails sports for the forthcoming holidays. A swim at Sentosa's Pahlawan Beach sounds engaging. But i reckon it'll be densely populated with holidaymakers thronging Sentosa in the next couple of days. If it doesn't pan out i will revisit my routine - run. It's gratifying to be soaked in sweat, man.
Time to digest a bit of useless information. I abhor clubs. Why does it everytime i have had to fend off perplexing questions like 'Have you been to Zirca?', 'You wanna go St. James?', 'I hear a UK deejay is spinning at Butter Factory. Join me?' Hated it. Just because i have thousands of songs in collection and i pop hip-hop and R&B club banging tracks in my car's player ever too often does not translate to me being a partying whore. I tell you why. I never understand house/dance/lounge music, i don't advocate alcohol consuming (nothing to do with the being a muslim context) because i hated the smell, i don't find cigarette smoke inhalation thrilling, i don't wish to jostle with the crowds in a chock-full space, i dread watching people who can't dance for nuts, i hate juveniles congregating in those joints, i can't stand tramps, vixens and sluts cajoling men with moolahs, and some clubbers believed they are hot and can snag a catch darn easily and please, live bands DO NOT engage me. Almost always the deafening instruments drowned out all vocal delivery attempt. However, only a club that has a stand up comic in its repertoire gets a nod. Or maybe a drag show can provide some entertainment of sorts. In a comic sense so i can cackle in wild abandon.
I want to share with you a fascinating story told by Mr. San. I could not verify when and where this transpired but i shall tell you as it is, based on my understanding. A student candidate were given an exam question of writing an essay of 'Tell me what do you know about courage/Cite an example where courage plays in in your life'. That student got an A. His only answer was 'THIS IS COURAGE'. Because he brazenly wrote a three liner on a question that requires few hundred words for an answer. Amazing. Read it again and you'll get the drift. I could pull the same stunt for my Human Mass Comm papers should a question like 'What are the ways to communicate well and making your point across?' be posed. I would leave a blank for an answer. Because silence is always the best form of communication to project what you intend to say. Then i would get an A too. Or A whack of my mom's stilettos for wasting the thousands of dollars paying for my studies.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment